We are The Data Support Agency t/a iCaaS (referred to hereafter as iCaaS), the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, as we make decisions on what information we hold and what we do with it. We are committed to managing and protecting the privacy of your personal information in line with all current applicable data privacy laws.
This privacy notice outlines what data we collect, why we collect it and how we manage it while we are holding it. It also highlights your rights with regard to the data. It may change from time to time, so please check it at regular intervals.
Should you have a concern regarding our management of your personal data, or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- The Data Support Agency Limited t/a iCaaS, 2 West Street, Henley On Thames, Oxfordshire, England, RG9 2DU
- Email: [email protected]
What personal information do we collect?
We collect basic personal information including your name, email address, phone number, address, job title and IP address to allow us to contact you and provide our services. We use a third-party payment system to collect any card or bank details.
When do we collect it?
We collect personal information from you when:
- You get in touch with us or visit our website, including when subscribing to our services, a webinar or using our portal
- Our trusted partners share your details with us
- You subscribe to iCaaS software from one of our partners. We will only request the data that is necessary for the subscription. In most cases, this will be your name and basic contact information.
- We acquire your contact information from networking or similar events
- In some circumstances, we purchase your business or contact information from a reputable third party who have appropriate data protection measures in place
- We may gather your business and contact information from publicly available sources such as LinkedIn or other commonly used business sites. In this case, we do not process any personal data that is available but is not necessary for our purposes
If you would like to know more about where we have collected your information from, please contact us using the details above.
Why do we need it?
We require this basic personal information so that we can:
- Enable you to subscribe to or purchase our services
- Fulfil and manage your contract and your enquiries when using our service
- Improve our websites, including your user experience
- Manage your enquiries
- Carry out marketing and sales activities in relation to our products and services. You may opt out of marketing at any time
We do not collect any personal information from you that we do not need to facilitate these tasks.
What is our lawful basis for using your information?
We consider we have the following lawful bases to process your data:
- We use the lawful basis of Contract for our existing customers
- Our other business functions, including marketing activities, are in iCaaS’s Legitimate Interests to develop the business
- If required to do so, we may need to use your information as part of a legal process
- For cookies, we use the lawful basis of Consent
How do we protect your information?
iCaaS is committed to protecting your personal data and has implemented the appropriate systems and procedures to ensure this.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All payment transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
All the personal data we collect is managed by our staff in the UK. The information is hosted on servers within the EEA, or in the USA under the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement. We use some processors such as CRMs to manage your data and support queries. We will not share your data with any other third parties, unless the law obliges us to do so.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow). It enables the site’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
If you are, or have been, a customer, we will retain your data for up to 3 years after the end of your contract, or the last point of contact (whichever is latest) for marketing as part of our legitimate interest and as part of our statutory obligations.
If you are not a customer and we send you marketing communications, we will keep your information for a maximum of 3 years after the last point of contact.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting us using the details above or unsubscribing on the marketing emails we send you.
What are your rights with regard to your personal data?
You have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is not correct or incomplete. Please contact us using the above details, or existing customers may update their details in their portal
- You have the right to have your personal data deleted. Please contact us using the details provided above. Please note that we may not be able to fulfil our contractual obligations without your contact details
- You have the right to have personal data transferred to another party. Please ask us if this is what you would like to do
- You have the right of access to your data. Please contact us and we will let you know what personal data we hold
- You can ask us to restrict the use of your information, by contacting us on the contact details above
- You have the right to register a complaint regarding the use of your personal data to a supervisory authority at any time. The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK authority, details of which can be found at ico.org.uk
- We do not carry out profiling or automatic decision making
When we have received your data after you subscribed to iCaaS through our partners, we will be a joint controller with the partner for the limited amount of contact information that we receive. You may exercise your rights either through the partner or us.
Last Updated: 22/06/2021